Another "unidentified" post

A record? This one is rather special, it has 39 lovely photos and probably as many species. More photos than Derek has ever managed to include!

Hi Derek being doing some as lying in bed with man flu

Mark

I am now pretty sure this is a female of one of the several hundred species of Chironomidae.

Oh, infected by that post box?

NINETY-SIX photos of fungi in ONE observation (and NO identification) . This has to be a contender for the iSpot book of records.

Anyone?

Have you heard about the SECOND CHANCE fungi collection?

I have a question, on a recent post of ‘the goblet’ fungus I thought it was not this species and glanced at several other of the linked observations and thought that some of them were also not this species. So what to do? I have started looking at a few of them and some are ok but others I have been giving a higher level ID and one or two just putting comment to see if the identifier will respond.
This one is not a particularly easy species to ID especially if you have not seen it as there are quite a number of other species from various groups that can look a bit like it. It is a relatively well known species (the name at least) so perhaps people think they should be able to find it and identify.

Poor Velislava has been updating https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/794263/whats-biting-me for four days now. I don’t know if it’s body lice, or maybe just bed mites or itch mites, or something else entirely, but would one of you good people be able to weigh in please and repeat my recommendation that she goes to the doctor’s ASAP? I know this is not the purpose of iSpot but I feel sorry for her.

Brought up to date today
See the work that has been done in a year by so few - compare Another "unidentified" post