Grasshoppers and Crickets Webinar (2nd December 2021)

Following a brilliant webinar on Adult Caddisflies by the Tanyptera Trust on 25th November, by Ian Wallace and Sharon Flint, I’m sure their new Grasshoppers and Crickets Webinar coming up this week on Thursday 2nd December 2021, 19:30-21:00, will be well worth jumping in to…and there’s still time to register! This talk by Björn Beckmann, an ecologist at the Biological Records Centre (BRC) who has been co-running the Grasshopper Recording Scheme since 2009, will give an introduction to the species of Britain and Ireland, covering identification of the commonest species by sight and sound, and a look at their biology and ecology. Finishing with a look at the Grasshopper Recording Scheme and how your records can help research and conservation – documenting declines, increases and new arrivals, and studying the underlying causes. Should be a great start to December’s learning journey…

Sounds great but unfortunately I can’t make it tonight. Do you know if it will be recorded and made available for viewing later?

1 Like

@Thistle You can catch up on some of their previous Invertebrate ID and Recording webinars on their Tanyptera Project YouTube Channel. I’ll check tonight whether the recording will be loaded up there at a later date, and if so, when… The Adult Caddisflies webinar was good too so will see about that one as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like