Macro photos plus pesky padding characters

The opposite point regarding TG cameras in general is that they are designed to be fully sealed and able to go underwater. Every time you open the door to change battery or card you open the chance of getting a tiny bit of sand or other dirt on the seal then if you do put it underwater then it will be ruined. Some of the camera websites who tested TG series have ruined the cameras and warned about this issue.
So I tend to never open the door to the battery and card and only use the door on the side to the contacts assuming that the secondary seal (at usb connection) on this might be more effective than on the battery compartment. Actually I say ‘I’ but have lost mine to grandchild who has taken over 10,000 shots with it and tried out every one of the very large number of functions it has, still worry when he sticks it under the tap trying to get water droplet stills or video.

That’s the advantage of being young - fearless when it comes to trying out new devices, whereas I approach them with a certain amount of trepidation!
My offspring is my ‘guru’ on all matters hi-tech.

Worth a letter to Santa
mentioned in here https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/855046/

I’ve been experimenting with my TG-6. I cannot get the wi-fi to work after several attempts. So I’ve got a card reader (only £4.00). My first efforts are a bit mixed. Taking a small subject on 4x zoom is a bit hit or miss. But I’m generally pleased with first few shots. I’ll include a couple of examples.

I’ve no idea what either of them is (to species) but they were smaller than I could have captured with my wife’s Canon Powershot. Thanks for all the support and advice. This community is very user-friendly!

Good results and well done
A few things
Use OPTICAL zooming only and not too far
Sometime best to hold back and CROP the photo - the greater the zoom, the less depth of field and the more camera shake.
Resist low lighting - slow shutter speeds and wide apertures do nothing for stacking or macro
Set ISO highish up to 800ISO - do not reply on auto anything!
The very best results with Focus stacking are with the camera grounded or mounted and in good lighting. Shutter speed of no slower than 125th and aperture no wider than f5.6 for optimal results. Don’t be afraid thought to try anything, including deliberately underexposing
Resist hand-held stacking, One photo with the camera AWAY from the subject and cropped is often better than stacked.
Consider light reflectors when working near a window, cooking foil is wonderful
For stacking I often use the self timer so I am not touching the camera
Always consider the backdrop because it too will be in focus when stacking
We still need to think about composition and impact, spend as much time on those as stacking
Holly berries and seeds - NOT stacked (TG3)

(Wi-Fi). When in Wi-fi mode you have to SELECT (with a tick) those you wish to send.
Best use a card reader (carefully) honest

Thanks for all the advice, Derek. I’m still a novice at this so it will be a while before I’ve fully got the hang of things. But good tip about not zooming in too far. I haven’t even tried stacking yet.