PROJECTS - Ideas for the Future

Tested in main site. ONLY Loxodonta africana will be found. There are NO iSpot records of Loxodonta cyclotis.
Simple test projects are so easy to form and then delete but we need to get some sophistication in PROJECTS
Please bring this Thread back to PROJECTS - Ideas for the Future
Ends…

500 internal error. Naturally!

quiet in here for 15 days.
Projects have been off-limits for longer than that but they still have so much potential.
Please add more requests and ideas to this thread.
Projects are potentially very powerful and satisfying.
1000 observations with no Likely ID here
https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/738198/recent-uk-observations-without-an-id/observations-gallery

We’re still here (or I am, anyway). Keen to get moving with Atriplex and also have plans to re-visit Limonium. Also need to pin the ref down long enough to complete Symphytums.

I’m still here too.
I’m still here too.

(Repeating the line as it was less than 20 characters.)

Well, they are, check them out. BUT
:heart: There is a shortage of development. We REALLY need some repair of the old ruined ones - please.
:heart: HTML has to be repeated at every Edit - if, like me, you want your project to be Dynamic, it is a terrible chore, But some HTML actually works (except the cherished a hfef one
:heart: reinstate href please
<<------------------------------------------------>>
I am REALLY keen to get some NOMINATIONS here - a few people have suggested this project won’t be successful in this new era. Help prove them wrong please
https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/752996/spectacular-biology

Not just projects but
Can we cycle through Images at Full Size, once the first is invoked - please.
I mean that once clicked on Full Size, (NOT Zoom) we can go to the next and the next (in the project or Observation) without having to close, select and start again?
Can we, sometime? Please?

that would be incredibly useful…

Ditto observations on the carousel.

A few people are creating Dynamic and publicly useful Projects.
WHY is no-one responding to our requests for Improvements?
Please read the description in my link and see how useful this database (it’s not the only one) could be.
I am frustrated having to rewrite the HTML code at each edit and not having the facility to >>USE href<<

Is it possible to run some Code experiments in Projects? Where there a repercussions, I assume they could be put right quickly without disputing the whole site.
Allow Comment Editing
Allow far more than 10 Project Pictures
Retain HTML text through Edits
Cycle through Project Pictures at full size - as suggested above
Please?

Something for the longer nights.
I think that the Project Idea is a way to find old and interesting observations.
I noticed that there are lots of specific TOAD projects in the SA community but thought there MUST be more; so have set up a wide-ranging project and am finding it so much fun. To-date there are 6634 observations (I’ve included all amphibians and travelled quite far north.

See this little fellow and the comments

MORE ON PROJECTS?

Not many are forming complex projects; most, like mine, are simply collections of posts.
I am nurturing this one, driving some people mad with their Changes Tracker - sorry but the changes tracker needs overhauling!
https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/746155/100-x-100-x-100-orkney.
At each edit i have to add the HTML code again - this gives BOLD headers and strong text and even italics. At each edit my coding is lost and has to be replaced (why bother?)
I have the maximum of ten pictures in the Project space (max 15 in Observations). As log as there are ten, I CANNOT edit and save the project, I HAVE to delete a picture (down to nine). I can then re-edit and add the tenth (why bother?)
Anyway we need more useful and dynamic projects, NOT just lists of Observations with or without IDs. Personal projects are cool but please keep them up-to-date, mobile and dynamic.

Changed my mind - least said…

PROJECT editing driving me MAD.
Most of mine have HTML tags in the text (bold, large, sometimes italics) and 10 pictures
If I Edit I LOSE all the Tagging, which means I have to do it again, and again and again.
AND with TEN existing pictures I am refused Save, so have to REMOVE one - each time.
Subsequently I can edit and replace it but in the process lose all the HTML tagging.
I do have quite a few ‘dynamic’ projects.
Of course, I KNOW the answer (not the cure)
WHO CARES?

we care…not sure I can do much about it personally tho’