Taken for granted?

Hi Mike

probably only Mike D can help with Points 2/3 in their entirety, but from my point of view

1. you have always been a pleasure to ‘ISpot with’ and I always felt ‘thanked’ (a lot of the time you said it, or else gave a follow up comment acknowledging a change etc)
  2. your images are your own and you can post them elsewhere - it was the few who did so and then proceeded to give the ID arrived at by fellow ISpotters as their own without thanks or acknowledgement of the work done by others
  3. you have certainly never upset me (see 1) which suggests you deal with people in an appreciative, positive sort of way and my guess is that others have similar experience of ‘working’ with you.

Welcome back - look forward to some exciting find this year!

Sometimes a direct approach works best. I therefore suggest that those who wish to be acknowledged as the identifier add a note to this effect in the ID notes.

I would like to thank more people but how?Nobody has said how and where.

Track them down and leave a note https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/759484/cluster-of-mushrooms. To keep it private(ish) choose a post with no comments and few agreements - there are THOUSANDS and thousands of those!

Cheers mate now I know what to do.

Hi all, I’m a newbie and I’m sure I am being really dense but I want to thank someone but can’t work out how to. I’ve read the help pages and also, continuing to be dense it seems, can’t work out how to ask a question so thought I might get an answer if I put it here. Do I put it in the comments below? Thanks.

Easiest way to do it it to put something in the Comments field at the bottom - the person doing the ID will often check to see if anyone has updated a post they’ve identified using the drop down menu under Your iSpot and then selecting the changes Tracker option.

If you want to ask a question about a particular post, again use Comments - otherwise the Forum. It does take a while to figure how how to use iSpot to best advantage for what you want it to do, but there is usually a way to do something - if in doubt, put a post on the Forum again.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for that JoP. I thought if I put it in the comments it may never get seen and as people are fed up with not getting thanks I wanted to try to make sure it did get seen. Will do as you say.
Will it actually flag up to him that someone has posted?

If you go to Your iSpot you’ll see a Changes tab. If he goes to his Changes tab, by default he’ll see all comments on observations he has identified. (The one or all filtering granularity on that tab means that most people will leave to set on all.)

Thank you :slight_smile:

I think I have achieved that. Just a thanks to two members who have helped with the ID. Thanks are in the observation file. Is that good enough? I would have thought that there might be a more direct method……

But the site is a bit wooden IMHO…:frowning:

I always check for comments after I’ve agreed/helped with an ID in case more information comes through - so yes, would always see if someone has thanked me. I can’t think of a better way to do it…