CLEAR as MUD Zygophyllum v Roepera

For the dictionary @miked
From PlantZAfrica Derivation of name and historical aspects

The genus name dates back to 1753 when Linnaeus established the name based on the species Zygophyllum fabago. Zygophyllum is derived from the Greek words, zygos, meaning joined, and phyllon, meaning leaf, referring to the paired leaves of many of the species. In 1814, Robert Brown was the first to recognise the family Zygophyllaceae as a distinct taxon under the name Zygophylleae. Ever since the genus and family were established, their circumscription has been a matter of controversy. The treatment of Zygophyllum followed here is according to Van Zyl (2000).
https://pza.sanbi.org/zygophyllum

Probably what we need (but how to check them?)
WIKIPEDIA has
Molecular phylogenetic analysis suggested that as previously circumscribed, Zygophyllum was not monophyletic, and the genus was split among a number of other genera, including Augea, Fagonia, Roepera and Tetraena.

Zygophyllum Species
As of April 2023, Plants of the World Online accepted 117 species:
Listed here:

Roepera is a genus of flowering plant in the family Zygophyllaceae. It is native to southern Africa and Australia.
Species list
The genus Roepera currently has 60 recognized species:

An example from iSpot Roepera morgsana, Stofbergsfontein - Sept. 2012 | Observation | Southern Africa | iSpot Nature
Now I’m going to change this one to see what happens
Zygophyllum morgsana, fruit, Stofbergsfontein - Sept. 2011 | Observation | Southern Africa | iSpot Nature

SORRY can’t do - will all these be lost?

Not sure what you mean by ‘can’t change’. You sould be able to put in an additional ID. Potentially at some stage in future when dictionaries are updated then that might be picked up as the main ID. I can’t say this definitely will happen but at least you will have registered the updated name so that anyone looking at the observation can see it.

Yes - I realised that I needed to be more explicit - I thought that I might be able to link Roepera.
Now I see that EOL does link the old names.
Have also noticed that they allow subspecies/var just showing a POINT , so looking good for other observations where the names have changed…
CHECKED Roepera now - worked yesterday today I’m getting ‘502 Bad Gateway’.
I might need to send you the links as they occur - but sometimes there are other pressing domestic needs that don’t allow the time. Sorry