Improvements - a new Thread

What chance of having the Home Page Project Panel display 8 projects please? @miked
Possibly sacrificing much of the Tweets panel? Tell us if Tweeting is popular with Users - it certainly does not seem like it.

1 Like

What chance of having the Home Page Project Panel display 8 projects please?

Agree, space for a couple more would help to keep projects visible longer and could even alert users to their existence. The ā€˜pageā€™ length appears to be flexible depending maybe on length of latest two tweets and maybe on number of registered users online? But an issue here is also how the site looks on phones.

There is a case for revisiting Improvements requested. If we donā€™t ask, we wonā€™t get.
So a new list is required and I can collate.
Check through the old ones above and make requests here.
Beyond ALL the difficulties we are currently experiencing, Iā€™d like to see a button here please

Yes, those are such good suggestions from Derek re comments - comments are so rich yet on small screens users may not see them at all.

1 Like

OK, the little panel on the right now shows the most recent 8 rather than 5 projects.

not in Orkney, even after a page refresh. Iā€™ll check later as the Ferry does not arrive until 9pm

It will be cached somewhere between you and the server. I did clear the CloudFlare cache and for me it did then appear with 8 projects. Do a force-reload if you can.

Hi there. New list of more projects now working for me. Many thanks, very positive :slight_smile:

Hi @Chris_Valentine Canā€™t see the 8 project list when on my main computer, an iMac. Saw the 8 using an iPad. Donā€™t know what forced re-load is. I am using Safari. Can you tell me what I can do?

Try shift-clicking the reload button.

Holding shift and clicking on reload page is what I took that to mean? I am using an iMac and Safari. Anyway, doing that made no change, still only 5 projects seen, where strangely the 8 were seen on an iPad screen.

Only 5 on my pc :frowning:
Apparently my body is too short for the original comment - but sheā€™s 5ā€™4"!!!

Thanks Chris. Out with the wand again and speed up general browsing please

A new one on me ā€¦ but it worked! If only the fixes for the siteā€™s other ills were as simple.

I was just told to click F5. It reloaded with 5 projects on my pc. I closed the page and reopened iSpot to find 8 projects - hurray!

have you all seen this (thanks to @Chris_Valentine)
But it is a little less than I asked about (above).Improvements - a new Thread - #20 by dejayM
The issue is that, it seems, not everyone actually knows that there might be comments present. A note IN the ID panel is better that one at the start of Comments - possible?

1 Like

The comments section is handled by a separate template from other parts of the page. Iā€™ll have a play but it might be that data about the comments may not be available to the template used to build the top part of the Observation page.

Any iMac (Safari) users out there found a way to get 8 projects to show?

My earlier comment is about F5 which worked for me. Have a look at this, Mags:

Thanks! Very kind of you to take the time. Have noted the advice - though irritated by the target group of people using iMacs who previously used Windows, as if everyone knows about F5 on Windows!!! I didnā€™t.

Anyway, starting up this morning, can see 8 projects on the iMac screen, as in our iPads, so thatā€™s all good. So have not had to deploy the Command R strategy at the mo. Mucho thanko! :smile:

A useful thing would be a ā€œremember meā€ checkbox on the log in panel.
The 8 projects have now started showing for me now.