Problem with photos

It sounds like the problem we had a few years ago.
I suspect that the test signal the provider uses sort of blows through the fault effecting a temporary cure.
After several cycles of testing the fault should become hard so that they have to fix it.
In our area they redecorated all the telephone poles and started charging for local calls if you did not sign a new contract to use the new decorations.
There is not much difference in the cost. The data rate is faster on the new copper free wire.

A good outcome - thankfully.
Weā€™ve had a problem with the internet for months now: the phone provider insists that thereā€™s no problem with the line, and one went so far as to suggest that the house extension and associated high-power WiFi across the road was the cause of the problem. Weā€™re hoping that the fibre installation currently driving everyone crazy (some streets have seen the diggers come and go several times) will help.
With iSpot, the issue is that I can never see the photos on the carousels on the home page, and - occasionally - one or more photos on any particular post will not display - irrespective of whether there is one or 14. For once, I donā€™t think itā€™s the Gremlins that are to blame!

1 Like

Iā€™ve run into problems where the DNS servers specified by the ISP have not work well and Iā€™ve had to edit those settings in the router to use more generic ones. This has stopped images from loading.

Hereā€™s a page with some recommendations:

Thanks, Chris. Iā€™ll try that but - fingers tightly crossed - things seem to be working normally at the moment.

Oh. very pleasing indeedā€¦

We had better than diggers.
We had the pole lorry.
It has the distinctive smell of new poles.
I had to reduce the pole lorry photo to 1024X768 to get it to upload.

Thereā€™s an old joke about teams putting in new poles. The team from [insert least favourite place here] had only managed about half the number that the others had. When criticised, the foreman retorted: ā€˜yes - but go and see how much theyā€™ve left of them sticking out!ā€™.

1 Like

I have had this problem from time to time and could never work out the cause.
What I did today (Aug 3rd) - based of previous successes - is remove all the stalled images and add them one by one. Worked for me today.
There have been times that the images just wouldnā€™t load, no matter what. So just posted the observation without the image and went back to EDIT adding images the following day,- that has worked,
@Chris_Valentine

yes, thatā€™s a good ploy and one that I have successfully managed a few times.
I suspect this is an issue regularly faced by plenty of users, few of whom use the Forum

1 Like

Today, I cannot see any of the photos in the carousel on Firefox, which I usually use. Nor can I open the Community Forum. But both are working fine on MS Edge, which I prefer not to use. And, when I got ā€˜Track Changesā€™ I followed a link to one of my observations and it was completely blank. No photo, no details, no suggested IDā€¦ nothing.
Leaf with bumps | Observation | UK and Ireland | iSpot (ispotnature.org)

Itā€™s all working fine today - perhaps all the thunder storms and high winds affected the internet yesterday. I havenā€™t changed anything.

Problems loading photos for me this morning - seems to get stuck on one or two. As we speak Iā€™ve been waiting about 10 mins for 1 to load. Deleting and adding them again does seem to help but obviously throws out the order etc.

I was able to post observations yesterday, but I canā€™t upload photos to the forum.

Photos do drag and drop in the up-loader screen.

yes, as Refugee says they can easily be reordered (drag & drop). I do this frequently to tidy up presentation

Me, too!
Pad, Pad, Pad.

Thanks everyone - I didnā€™t realise that!

Just a test. I can now upload photos to the forum again.

1 Like

A few decent days but toys now being thrown out of pram again: uploads start then hang indefinitely.

I -eventually- managed to add 4 photos, each cropped to <1MB. I had to add them singly, saving the observation, closing and re-starting my browser between each and even then it was hanging about twice in every 3 tries. See https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/868817/philodromus
Very frustrating!