Survey on citizen science, farmers and farmland

The item below is from Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, it is probably not relevant for most iSpotters but a few people may have suitable contacts or interests.

Survey on citizen science, farmers and farmland

Do you know of projects doing ‘citizen science’ on farmland or involving farmers with voluntary environmental monitoring? We’d love to know more and include your study in a review of activities. Please fill in the survey https://ceh-online-surveys.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/citizen-science-involving-farmers and please feel free to circulate this message and pass it on to relevant people. Thank you!

More information:

We are working with Natural England to research Citizen Science activities collecting biodiversity and agricultural productivity data involving farmers and/or farmland. As part of this we will explore opportunities and barriers to increasing involvement of the farming community in Citizen Science and would like to understand relevant activities in the UK (and beyond).

1. If you are involved with citizen science involving farmers or farmland (either (i) focussed entirely on farmers/farmland, or (ii) including farmland), we’d love your project to inform our recommendations to Natural England, so please fill in the survey here. Deadline Friday 15th December
  2. If you know of others running citizen science involving farmers or farmland please pass this message on to them, inviting them to fill in the survey.
  3. If you have general thoughts about the topic – opportunities or barriers – please feel free to let me know by email ([email protected]).

The survey should take no more than 20mins to complete and we very much appreciate your time in helping us with this – it will help Natural England be fully informed about the valuable work that you do.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. And feel free to pass this message on to anyone who might be interested.

Many thanks in advance,

Michael Pocock, Morag McCracken & Jo Staley

I looked through the LinkYouGive. Thanks
I possibly could but probably won’t begin any 'officíal commitment; of course I am not in Natural England! but will mail Mike Pocock

I’ve passed it of to the FB page of Fish Hoek Museum who were twinned with Filey in North Yorkshire - small world?