Unable to access

Oh dear. Spinning line making me feel dizzy!! I can’t get into pre-made filters that worked fine a couple of weeks ago when they were made.

My changes tracker said ‘no changes’ then a few minutes later it opened and changes were not highlighted but were there. Sounds much like yesterday? Or is just here/me?

Spinning whatsit for a l-o-n-g time; “No changes available”; 500 error.
Looking forward to the New Year and “resolution” of these problems.

Thanks, that helps that it’s not just me, I rather tend to assume own errors of some sort! Esp when trying to do something, currently trying to access observations from previous dates, I’d saved the filters but just the spinning thing when I try to get to them, when it stops there’s nothing!

I can see new observations coming up fine - no, not fine, but slowly.

Yes, unfortunately there are still similar issues today too. Know it’s hard to keep persevering with the timer whirring away. So thank you so much to all who are doing just that. Really appreciate all your feedback when it’s working and when it isn’t.

About 10 minutes ago I had “no changes available”. A refresh resulted in Error 524.

Up and running - well, staggering - again. Tred to agree to an observation but got “ERROR Could not agree to identification” several times.

I can’t get it to open at all now so no chance to do my iFocus task. It did open eventually to show me Error 524.

Agree, very difficult to access throughout the day. No messages, just whirling circles and me giving up.

Finally able to access after a long interval yesterday. I note the cheerful message at the bottom of every page now:
But after a few minutes online, it’s already grinding to a halt again: https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/836519/reed-beds will not “open”.

Can’t get in at all at present, it also won’t log me out which happened last night as I gave up.
So sorry about the New Year’s Day iBlitz, will keep trying though haven’t got all day today (did that yesterday to no avail!). Makes me wonder how all those ‘guests’ got on, at one point I think I saw 70 yesterday…

@mags49 Definitely thinking about you - don’t apologise as it’s certainly nothing to do with you!
In case you see this before the main site, I’ve just managed to get the home page.
J

Lucky you, I have been getting the 524 message. That includes reference to resources being stressed…hmmmmm. :thinking:

I expect some poor souls are scrambling to reboot - or maybe just boot? - their server(s)

I finally managed to log in just now, very slow. I went to my changes tracker and it told me I’m not logged in, despite it knowing my name.

My Changes Tracker is again saying “no changes”. The Observations List says “No results found”.

Story of last couple of hours: I was out this afternoon so got started immediately I came back to see if I could do anything re my project. Bizarre behaviour - wouldn’t log me in, wouldn’t log me out, showed my profile and observations and tracker and projects as all missing in action. It got worse. Then after a time it got better: I could find the information I needed by using filters, I could add dates and edit text, filters and images in my project.

At the time of writing I can’t see any contents - map, gallery or list - in any project (mine or others’). I know they are in there so maybe they’ll pop back through the wormhole soon. It seems poor old iSpot can’t perform any script-type tasks either at all or consistently. Is it anything to do with the 200+ guests on line at some stage on my trials?

I think that guest thing is a distraction. I never believe it. This afternoon it was working on and off but for dejay’s final Christmas iFocus, I had to do my own filter for the 25th to do the images. I spent some of the time trying to prepare for my own iFocus late January, just in case…
Fingers crossed it’s better for you tomorrow, Mags!

There is a huge problem retrieving data, say listing from the changes tracker or viewing Obs in a project or project maps say. And yet your own Activity in Activity Tracker displays and refreshes fully.
I suspect any one of us can trigger a collapse by asking for a sweep of the site - say a search for all Puffin or any single day in History. I am trying to view all the Obs in my Christmas day project - cannot.
It was working badly when I left to write this but returning it is not working at all.
There’s obviously a problem with any request to filter or display. It is just possible to make an observation but that is intermittent.
The site is quite ill and may need to be taken off-line to install a backup
ALL this will be known to the Curation-team. They are far more frantic than any of us as we can just go away take photos and make tea!

Absolutely, you are right. If recent changes were to be lost I might lose sympathy just a wee bit, since I too thought that a restart might be required. If it’s off line then you don’t spend your time trying!

Throbber
What’s in a word? Throbber - Wikipedia

Thanks for a Word of the day.
Everything seems to be working fine right now… thanks to the team for keeping us going.

1 Like