Broken since the upgrade?

https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/global/view/project/832598/
I think it is because the Map has not been drawn or is perhaps too small to see or there are NO observations in the defined area.
It is showing in Global because either it was created in Global or because no map is drawn
No-one is giving advice to Global Users Had this appeared in the UK Community I would have offered help - I have…
It was Olivia’s (Livonthewildside) first contribution here. Somehow (and commonly) newbies find it easier do complex projects when they mean to add a simple observation, sometimes they place an Observation in the Forum. Something wrong with the Registration Package. I have left a note for her but another thing about new users is that tend not to respond to comments - Something wrong with the Registration Package - did I say?

The sign-up emails the system sends out don’t contain any information on how to use the site - perhaps its time they contained at least a basic introduction. Users also need to select their preferred Community via “Edit profile” - that would be worth mentioning too.
Meanwhile as I understand it the site has fallen over again a couple of times this evening and its thanks to support from STEM IT that the necessary part of the system has been restarted.

1 Like

Currently in deepest Cornwall with no wi-fi and virtually no phone signal - I was regretting not being able to access iSpot but now I’m not quite so sorry … I hope it all sorts itself out soon.

@Amadan
Note it was under Global - some observationa are from South Africa;
ðerek is providing support. But nothing has changed yet.

Meanwhile Chris - I’m not quite sure what your team has done but my observations are displaying amazingly.
This is an old image, Added 11 September 2011, but see the insects (aphids) in the FULL SIZE view.

Worth the odd, bad moments - thanks to all involved

When it;s good its very, very good. You’ll be amazed

Unfortunately, at the moment its being a petulant child! Having to kick it into life right now.

(Sunday) you appear to be living with that child, please keep it warm and well nourished. Thanks.

I’m not sure that is good child rearing practice.

Good luck with it. Could be worse, you could be running it on Facebook.

More trouble this morning: time-outs at first, now it locks up (524 error) after visiting about half-a-dozen posts. This is usually preceded by it failing to display the photos in an observation - even when there are only one or two.

Yes, I’ll have to give up lengthy comments with cross refences and complex illustrated Observations
Join the users, ignore the Tracker, single pictures and no text except, perhaps, OLYMPUS DIGITAL SYSTEMS!
10:40…down, then up, then down again…maybe I’m the cause!

Yes, same for me…I wanted to research spotlight and posts of yellow russulas without logging in (in case it made any difference?), having trouble cf Amadan’s with loading/seeing posts though the problems do not appear to be consistent. Earlier on today I logged in, then it wouldn’t log me out for some time!

Yes, I’m having problems with the carousel loading, and the Gallery view isn’t loading for me.

Just stopped altogether for me, time out error 524 and wouldn’t let me back in. Hope all observations are safe.

Just kicked it into life again. Sorry for all these outages - seems to be even worse today.

Just logged in again. I was coming to think that the 504s were related to the amount of time/number of pages visited per session, but this time it began with no changes found, then when I went for the observations list:

That’s a symptom of the site as its failing - queries to the database take too long to be fulfilled and the webserver assumes there weren’t any results - which is usually tosh. Its crashed twice in the last hour or so has just been kicked into life once again. Seems to be getting worse.

Yes, couldn’t move to Gallery view either @Amadan and had the same result, as in “no results found”. Subsequently, I’ve not been able to move off the Homepage, with an ongoing timer whirring away. It wouldn’t allow me to log out either…but I’ve just refreshed the browser and it seems to be back to life again.

this eve 19:50 (6th). The code and search test is running like LIGHTNING, honest, it has never been as quick. See Reverted to a Backup? - #34 by Chris_Valentine

1 Like

2 hours later - error 524 on Activity Changes (my usual landing page)

Just managed to spend over half an hour without a 504 error - though it started slowing down (when adding agreements) as I neared the end of the “new” posts.
Having glitched yesterday on the Changes Tracker, older ones had been de-highlighted, so I had to revisit a few.