Gremlins againnnn

at https://www .ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/852927/magpie-inkcap when accessed from Explore community | List and from Changes tracker. Displays correctly when accessed from home page carousel.

Later …
Restarted computer (and waited for an hour while Windows updated itself.) Problem remained.
Logged out and then back in again. Managed to load the Magpie Inkcap observation.
Went to look at https://www. ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/852934/common-frog-in-undergowth and I’m back to the same 403 error.

Anybody know why this is happening?

I can’t make the obtrusive side-bar “move over”.

That is a display issue I have encountered a few times. It goes away but is a damned nuisance when it happens

Same problem,could only access frome home page carousel, otherwise get forbidden
edit but can access my own posts,& filter my observations
And from my posts,eg a chaffinch (not Id’d by me) or tompot blenny, can access those on the other observations carousel

After working ok earlier this morning - apart from the display problem that has now sorted itself, I am getting this again:

Despite a “cleaned” browser.

Programmers working on this. I was getting a lot of them earlier but not so many now. Expect they will give update on situation later.

403 - Forbidden

12:40 Many obs are refusing to open (for me) but display well here (in the forum)
Typically

Still happening for me too when trying to access observations through the list or through the changes tracker when it isn’t my own post. I’ve tried clearing cookies and logging out and back in again but still the same. I know people are working on it and that is really appreciated but this kind of feels worse than the other issues for me - but perhaps that’s just a cumulative effect. Might have a break from the site for a bit. Hope you manage to get it sorted - it’s so good when it works.

It has been mostly OK for me today but there have been two or three of these errors. It is odd that I can get to these error posts via a different route though so it is just some particular paths that are not working properly. I have not heard back from the programmers yet, they will probably comment here later.

16:40

403 - Forbidden

Still cannot fully open links from Tracker or Galleries
@miked Your Activity tracker suggests you commented in Bracket fungus growing on upturned tree stump | Observation | UK and Ireland | iSpot Nature 2 mins before this post. I still cannot open it. So, are YOU not getting these problems.

I can get to that observation ok from the link you supplied and other ways. My tracker has given a couple of the errors today but most have been OK so it seems rather hit or miss. reminiscing about old (fixed) bugs do you remember that very much hit or miss one that depended on which server you were on at the time when we had multiple parallel servers, it seems a bit like that but the system is now completely different.

So it is still impossible for me to open here. I wonder if others might be watching (to try)
However, I cannot open it when logged IN but can when Logged OUT - that IS interesting - yes?
Obviously I am logged into the Forum but not the Live site
And honest when logged IN I get 403 - Forbidden (just now)

from Evergreen found in Bournville | Observation | UK and Ireland | iSpot Nature
from both Explore community | List and home page carousel. Previously the carousel was, for me, immune to this problem. (Tried again from the carousel to get the URL … and it worked. Grrr!)

Perhaps try this Ian, I suspect I am not the only one
https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/observation/852971/
Cannot access when logged into the live site

Bur can see it all when logged out of the live site @miked

I’ve just had a 403 from an observation opened from the Changes Tracker - the variant where it renders a lot of the page, and then fails on access to one of the databases.

403 to all the ones I opened from changes tracker. As bad spells go, this is not good.

Same applies to trying to reach obs via observer’s activity. 403 forbidden with project updates through my changes tracker though could see project using sidebar.

I think I will hold off adding observations, commenting etc until the site stops limping along. I am away anyway so was only going to add from archive.

I’m completely blocked. 403 error whatever I try to do.

Derek, clicking on your link above I get the 403 Forbidden error.

I managed to get an observation open far enough to post a comment.
I did it on one of a number of test observations that have been done over the past few months.
The screen grabs failed to load here.
Here is the comment I posted…

I have just opened this observation from the changes tracker and got this comment in without the 403 error everyone else has been getting.
I did it by opening it in a private browser window selected from the right click pull down in Firefox and then logging in to clear the red “not logged in” banner by logging in.