Gremlins againnnn

It’s really, really slow. I just hope the Pl@ntNet-APIs is not one of the reasons.

Very slow for me, unable to get into tracker without unreasonable wait.

And am sad not to be able to open so many observations I want to look at, way too slow.

What on earth is going on. Says I’m not logged in - I am. Says 404 - Page not found for Changes Tracker.
I clear cache. I log in and log in Successful. Then Error ### User not logged in.
This happens several times. The site is really quite broken at the moment.

Please be assured its nothing whatsoever to do with the AI scripts. The are only being run manually at the moment and I’ve not run them now for several days.

I’m getting a different but equally unsatisfactory experience this morning. Can’t do much, it tells me can’t show changes tracker, then when it eventually does so the recent ‘yellows’ have gone. Can’t follow things through, too slow to load. Random contributions only when running well enough to make and save a comment, for example. Help!

The computing people are working on it, not sure yet when there will be a fix though.

1 Like

Following a brief outage (and error 524 from Cloudflare) a few minutes ago, the site now seems to be much better again. I guess it’s been a long day in iSpot Towers: many thanks for all the work.

Logged in today (should not be doing this, should be packed by now!!). Thanks for fixing. :slight_smile:

My Changes Tracker isn’t working, but the site seems otherwise OK, if slow.

Spoke too soon. Back to “No changes available” :frowning_face:

The Changes tracker is a big issue at the mo as it’s only working intermittently. I’ve taken to checking what I can through Activities but that’s not sufficient.

Unable to do aught this morning…

Same here. Seen that message and also “Could not add comment”.

Ditto. That was at 6.45am and even before this latest on/off meltdown, it was difficult around 7.30-8.00 and so it’s a coffee with the Guardian. Hopefully see you later :slight_smile:

I am seeing issues too, have reported them to programmers as well

Yes unfortunately continuing issues for me too - everything is just really slow and got an error message when trying to load an observation. The problems seem very intermittent in that it will work fine for a bit and then not.

Another time out and an ID attempt lost.
Losing the will to live (or, at least, to keep using the site) here.

I know how you feel. Wouldn’t it be so much easier to bear if the iSpot team could keep us updated about what’s happening?

1 Like

Me too. Now thinking that, after the random, stop-start uncertainties, and information vacuum of the last few days, the best way to protect my mental health is probably an extended sabbatical from iSpot.
Been putting off tackling T.S.Eliot’s ‘The Waste Land’ for over fifty years - perhaps it’s time to give it a go: might be more fun than ‘Waiting for iSpot’.

The time outs are becoming a pest species.
The loading times of most parts of the site are quite random.
I added an updated ID for a spider and copied the text of the notes after a while ready for pasting on my next attempt only to find that the text was still there after I cleared the error banner. I was able to click the button again and it was quick enough to beat the time out.
I am using Linux/Firefox on a desktop unit. Windows may well have a shorter time out so it is likely it will be showing more time out errors.