Unusable again - no really it is and now this is more than 15 characters

System seems unusably slow again. Filters and tracker timing out with no records found. Pages taking minutes to open. Can someone go into the system and tighten the elastic bands that keep it running please.

No slower than usual for me - but I keep getting this error in the forum:

Sorry folks - for some reason the servers are running particularly slowly at the moment.

Hey folks, remember when we had dial-up modems? Even at its slowest, current speeds are nothing short of miraculous.

09:20
I think the site is misbehaving this morning. Incredibly slow and sometimes fails to load.
I have wind of a Server issue that may last awhile @Chris_Valentine and @miked
i can get to London!

Definite gremlins here, too :frowning:

Friday 30 May 1955: further problems. Put another bob in the meter and wind the lacky band, please!

Ditto. Pages taking ages to load and changes tracker isn’t working.

I had to give up - thought it was my computer. Then wondering if it may have something to do with the end of the month.
But I’m happy again,

The server people were working on other parts of network over the weekend (Fri-Mon) and this seems to have affected iSpot even though it should not have. I also noticed the database server was also slow e.g. when looking at projects with lots of points, think there is now more monitoring on this so we should be able to keep a closer eye on things.

1 Like

The last couple of days I’ve been having problems with uploads hanging, and killing off FireFox in the process. I found that uploading images one by one works, but that makes adding observations rather slower.

No problems here. (and some extra characters for the gremlins.)

Yes, I’ve had problems uploading photos too.
For some time now, the “introductory page” photos are all "no entry signs, too. Opening individual posts usually shows the (first) photo. Part of my problem is the VPN that my antivirus package provides - it seems to cripple several sites (neither Fastbuck nor Google search will work, for instance). But even with it off, I have had these issues.

@Chris_Valentine (just seeing if the @ works really) have you any comments on this?

iSpot is served through an off-site caching service call Cloudflare. I wonder if this, combined with your VPN, might be the issue here? iSpot uses Google Maps too so if your VPN nobbles that, it won’t help!

iSpot this morning. Login to forum 6 minutes.

Yes, unworkably slow here this morning. No other sites seem to be affected.

Seems to be back online now (10:10)

Just got the message that the site was falling over but as soon as I look its fine. In fact it seemed really quick!

Wouldn’t work for me on Chrome but Firefox managed it :confused: