Weekly ❤️iFocus

:heart:Reviewed and still with a week to run

The first article in the latest British Wildlife (33.6 May 2022) is “Common Elder: a natural and cultural history” by Jeff Ollerton.
Can we claim royalties?

I am certain we can be proud.
I would support another ‘run’ of Elder this year. We lost the original script but all the comments IN the Observations are still there. Witch bushes | Observation | UK and Ireland | iSpot Nature

DON’T, for goodness’ sake, miss this 76 to beat

Insect Week 2022 graphic
@HB1 @dejayM Thanks for getting iSpot Insect Week 2022 interest going! See front page story posted here: Love them or hate them? How do insects make YOU feel? | News | UK and Ireland | iSpot Nature. Also a banner has been added promoting the project

We applied an Insect Week filter (using Insecta) for last year and 242 observations were posted between June 21 - 27 2021: https://bit.ly/iSpot_InsectWeek2021.

Janice

Thanks for the Banner @Janice_A ; please use it more frequently for short-promotions.

:+1:t5: Will definitely do that!

Thanks. Should I forget the descriptive tag and use the scientific name ‘Insecta’ instead?

Insecta (as an ID) is an Other Organism in iSpot - there are some things that have not been corrected since 2009.

I know there was an issue around Insecta but it does seem to work in this context and shows items that are insects and are shown up as in the invert group.

It does. Click on Insecta in the ID-Panel Tree and it will go to the useful browser
here Insecta | Species Dictionary | UK and Ireland | iSpot Nature with nearly 193 thousand Observations
but showing issues that do need fixing (13 useless ‘members’)
Form a project using Insecta as a ‘subject’ - perfect
Add it as an ID at your peril!

This looks good

Blink and you’ll miss a few good galls
Preview removed (3 visits)

Which one’s next I wonder…

See how many have clicked the link…

I hope there’s a good excuse!
The availability of the forum isn’t obvious as it’s tucked away at the bottom of Explore Community. Surely more would join and use it if it had it’s own direct link in the Main menu.

The forums have been mentioned in several news stories on front page but again these are little read too. Forums will be used more over this summer for other things and more people will be pointed to them so there is a chance of greater usage.

I suspect most people will have seen the link in recent projects before they saw the link in the forum.

Yes, I agree, the link is also my Signature.
But not many people are very interested in the iFocus detail - maybe four
I watch activity very closely but have no illusions; it is a very enjoyable process…

On a Bramble leaf near you TODAY!
Blink and you’ll miss it

KLIK>> :heart: https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/847806/ preview removed

2 Likes

Coming to an end - 1000th Page read today - is one YOURS?

2 Likes