Wildife in the garden

I thought it might be nice to share photos and storys of time with nature in the garden I take lots of photos and have lots of storys to tell from my interactions sometimes so thought Id do a post and share them with everyone

Yesterday I couldn’t take any photos but cause I sat still I saw various wildlife about which Might not of been brave if I wasn’t still. A click beetle on my leg a weevil on my leg and a few bees didn’t hesitate to pollinate dandelions in close proximity or fly low over my head if you sit down for an hour Wildlife start to see you like your part of the environment Woodpigeons come down sometimes and blackbirds come down to forage and a Robin sometimes visits while I’m sat in the garden aswell

Today

9th May

Red tailed Bumblebee on my Butterfly Blue Beuaty plant

Good photos, Zo. Why not post them, one species at a time, on the main part of the site and have a go at identifting them? If you have no idea what they are, just leave the identification section blank and hope someone else can help.

Its not that I have no idea what they are I just prefer to leave them blank sometimes. The ones That I don’t know what they are I send them to the main website then label it. Like other posts I make on here The post isn’t for identification. I use the main site for that instead so In the community I don’t wait for an identification it’s just about the photos And what iv been doing in the garden aswell as the story the photos tell. The post isn’t for things like identification. I might send (all) the photos iv taken when I go in the garden sometimes on here but if I don’t know what one of them is I send it to the main site and ask cause I don’t use this forum for identification. I go in the garden and take pictures a lot so On this post its also mainly storys to share from the garden with everyone. Even if I know what a subject is I might leave it blank or I might not. Its mainly a post for garden wildlife and even more so storys cause I have storys to tell in the garden sometimes and also storys I make when I make books and write storys related to garden Wildlife

Iv just had a very strange yet interesting exspeariance I went to sit in front of my border and then a hoverfly atempted to perch on my hand but changed its mind and perched on my bottle I was holding for a long time after it flew off I picked my bottle up and found 2 weevils on each other’s back mateing on my bottle so must of walked onto my bottle to continue mateing while the Hoverfly was on my bottle. I thought il just leave them for now then and wondered how on earth there going to lay eggs productively if there mateing on my bottle. I decided to come back and check if they were off the bottle and they were still there. Luckily they did walk off the bottle eventually I don’t know what I would of done if they were still on there cause I use my bottle a lot. Surely they would of wanted to mate on something more natural than a water bottle right?

I don’t know - their perception of the world must be very different to ours, and a plastic artefact must be beyond their ken. As long as it doesn’t try to trap or eat them, perhaps they don’t mind.

Iv got a fusttraiting scenario a nice tall brassica with bright yellow flowers. mining bees are comeing to pollinate it but cause it’s not where my wildflower border is and they don’t know what it is the people in the house are calling it a weed and there is talk about getting either putting stuff on it or chopping it down. I have been taking pictures of solitary bees in the garden pollinating it and they know I like it but they don’t cause it’s tall and cause it’s tall they see it as a weed rather than nice bright yellow flowers so they can’t wait to see my face once it’s gone so I can either leave it and risk it being chopped down pull it out myself

Im feeling desperate cause I don’t know when there going to do it but I need to do something and it will be a shame cause the mining bees love it and so do I

I was going to go down and do it there then when after finding out but a mining bee took forever pollinateing it then it was time for lunch I don’t really want to pull it up but it seems like I don’t have much choice so I’m stuck

Its not invasive in any way there’s only one so any help or advise with this situation will be appreciated

Ask if you can dig it up and transplant it. If they want rid of it you will be saving them a job.

Ok. Thanks for the Advice

I have been busy cleaning my Bird bath, nest box and pond and small water decoration I use for the insects to drink out of Ants like to drink out of it when it’s sunny or warm when there thirsty. I have also filled my bird bath up and the water up in the Wildlife pond and have watered my wildflower borders and wildflowers in my pot cause it’s been so dry the gulls were at it chasing a buzzard again but my device was on the chair cause I was busy so I didn’t get to it in time to take a photo or film. I was outside from 3 until 5

Im growing cornflower and an ox eye Daisy at the moment the cornflower is outside and it’s doing well it developed a flower bud so I’m just waiting for it to open once it is a success I will send it on I spot the ox eye Daisy is inside and it’s made it to seedling So I might acclimatise outside so that it can be pollinated when its ready to go outside

Sorry I havnt been able to comment and things recently there was a complicated problom in thr RSPB Community with a unusual and controversial post and the owmer of the post relating to who wants cats banned and who doesn’t which we have never had in the community and what it’s about and people mis interpreting and comfusion over what the post is And someone didn’t like the fact people arnt giveing the post all there time and attention and was issues with people not commenting even though everyone had there own reasons for not commenting on the strange post and partly cause of the attitude of the owner

Iv bad news about the wildflower though

They won’t let me re plant the wildflower in my wildflower cause they think it’s if it’s too tall for the garden it’s too tall for the wildflower border and they just went and got someone to dig up

I had to save a Cockchafer and a Box tree Moth from drowning in my bird bath - not today. The Cockchafer died but the box tree moth was saved it just had to dry off before it could fly properly Unfortunately I don’t have anything to reduce the amount of insects that keep falling in the bird bath Iv tryed a stone and that didn’t help cause they still fell in and it is lost somewhere in the garden now. Iv also tryed other things aswell but that didn’t work and I think I really need to do something about it cause I don’t want any more insects (and) beetles falling in the Bird bath and drowning

I had a funny situation with a Garden Spider this morning I had to move it to a new home cause it was making things difficult for the bees and causeing them to fall in the web when trying to pollinate and all sorts

when I did it decided to make a thread from my body to the new home I gave it then it climbed along the thread to me and I didn’t want to act as shrub for the spider cause I’m a human and need to do stuff during the day so I had to pull the thread off me but it’s made an alternative thread from the new home to another shrub so it’s happily perched in the shrub now. it was quiet funny.