Gremlins againnnn

On the C.tracker front. Each time we try to access it and fail, the code that adds yellow goes back to Zero.
That means when it does come up (it did for me just now) it will only have very recent additions.
This means, doesn’t it, that we have lost track - get it?
On day soon it will leap back but we will have missed crucial interactions.
For me, it will mean not looking for yellow but go to the last date I managed to respond to a comment (I keep a record) For many of us it will mean looking back to about 3 Sept to be on the safe side where someone might have left you a crucial comment.
This shows how to use the Tracker Filter (of course most people know that, sorry)
It is just one example below of how to stay abreast; but with Filtering issues at the moment it may not be possible to even try it.
The simplest way to check interactions to your OWN observations is to use the Other Tracker (Activity) which seems to be working quite well!

1 Like

Sometimes the changes tracker works, sometimes it’s “No Changes Available”, sometimes it’s an error reported from CloudFlare, pointing the finger at iSpot. If it’s “No Changes Available” the tracker records are updated and the yellow backgrounds removed (surely a relatively easy fix to update the records after the page has been successfully displayed?): I wonder if this is the only information that’s being lost?
It’s now 18 days since I started reporting the current round of problems and though I do appreciate that there is work going on behind the scenes to fix things I really do feel that the users - the lifeblood and raison d’etre for the site - would appreciate a bit more information.

1 Like

We have just made some database server settings changes which we (sincerely) hope will make it run faster.

1 Like

It is and does - very well done. I hope you kept notes!
Thanks
It is now possible to see all thirteen thousand Butterflies in here
https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/839642/

Thank you. The site does seem to be running properly again. Fingers crossed!

Thank you. Thank you,

WHAT a blessing - I was really quite jaded
I celebrated today with a small DONATION to FIRST NATURE
Microscopy of spores, hyphae, cystidia, trama, to identify fungi (nice little read)
It is a very reliable site and I often link it in Comments and my Observations. Others do too.
This is an UNSOLICITED suggestion that you might accept, it’s a far better cause than plantnet (surely?)

It’s SO GOOD to have a workable site back: thank you!

Oh dear: the dreaded “No changes available” is back again this evening.
Is it my imagination or does it strike more often at weekends (when there may be a change in routine and/or personnel)?

There have been a couple of relatively short slow episodes over Sunday but for the most part it has been OK.

… and variations on a theme …

I’ve tried several times to submit an observation today but it won’t upload even quite small photo files.

1 Like

Yes, iSpot is still far from smooth. It went down on me a few times this afternoon.
This very galling when I have several tabs open and all interlinked in some way.
I hate compiling a long observation or editing a complex project, waiting for it to load in and then failing.

The site won’t currently load for me at all unfortunately.

Looks like time to give up and try again tomorrow.

1 Like

Working again at 0700 today but I had to smile at this little anomaly from the Changes Tracker

Hint: think colour.

I cannot load photos they start but don’t finish - anyone else with this problem? Mark

Hi Mark - yes experiencing that right now

Thanks - I’m not sure if it better or worse for someone else to have a problem!

Mark

Well I guess a problem shared…no, you’re right, it doesn’t actually help at all haha! Mine has been trying to load for at least 10 minutes now so I’m probably going to give up. Work beckons!