Gremlins againnnn

Can’t recall if Dejay was involved in testing the current version of the tracker but we did identify that the current version was not like the old version and we wanted the old version as it was much more sensible.
But the external programmers said it was impossible or rather they refused to do it so we ended up with this version or nothing.
Now I suspect it would be very difficult to put back but it is something that is in our longer term plans looking 6months or a year ahead.

1 Like

… and it had been going quite well recently until …

He was and it was VERY high on the Error Report sheets of the day. but we need to keep assuring those who don’t know about the past hopes, tests and difficulties and to encourage them to ask for more

The first few days (maybe 10) of the 2017 recode there was NO tracker, that very nearly caused me and plenty of others, to leave.
It took a long time (to 2021) to get our OWN activity removed from the Changes tracker - which was DUPLICATED in the Activity tracker for years.
If we don’t ask we may not get, or it gets forgotten

I’ve just added a lacewing observation, date of obs 1 Sept 2022. After completion I saw the date was given as 31 Aug 2022, so I went into edit to correct it, but in the input screen it does say 1 Sept 2022.

The observation date automatically fills in with the data file date generated by the camera when the photo was taken. I have never tried editing this.
The date the observation was posted will be the date when you click the button to post it in the event where you start typing before midnight and complete after midnight.

No, the photos were taken on 3 October. The specimen is pickled so date of photo is unrelated to date of observation. Maybe you use a different system to upload observations. I do it through the website and you are prompted to fill in the details manually. I have never previously had the date altered by iSpot from what I had set it to.

I’ve been to it. The date is as you wanted. The Date of Observation can be changed via edit, it is sometimes useful when the first photo is out of Chrono-sequence to subsequent ones in the Observation. I sometimes (over?) use an annotated photo as the first, but which was created a few days later or sometimes months before
I also know, from experience, that in camera settings have wrong dates and that Images have that date in Properties. Worth checking date settings in the camera.

I personally would in the case of a preserved/pickled specimen use the “pristine” date from the label on the preserving jar where the “pristine” date is the date when it was still alive.
A camera memory stick it the modern day preserving jar for most things with few exceptions.

Of course one would use the date when it was found. That is what I did.

The issue with the date seems to be caused by this laptop. On a different laptop last night, the date of observation was correct. This morning, this laptop still shows 31 August. So not an iSpot gremlin.

Anyone else unable to see any photos currently?

Yes, me.
Just posted an observation - none showing.

Can’t get into ‘Your iSpot’ either.

All the variable information (photos, details, IDs) failed to display on my last observation when I backspaced into it, but a refresh cured that. But the images in the Other Observations linked from there are missing, though the thumbnails are present.

And now the site seems to be dead.

Yes for me too now - no access at all

Back, but I’m having trouble with image uploads.

Seems to all be ok now.

The dreaded gremlins are indeed back again.
I tried a new tab and my bookmark to the home page and it shows host error.

Better but not good this morning.
Managed early fungi for https://www.ispotnature.org/communities/uk-and-ireland/view/project/852322/